What are three common chemicals a woman should avoid during pregnancy?
Following is a list of chemicals to avoid during pregnancy.
- Pet medications and waste. Avoid handling flea and tick medication and other pet chemicals during pregnancy. …
- Smoking and vaping. Don’t allow either in your home or vehicle. …
- Lead. …
- Pesticides. …
- Cleaning products. …
What cleaning chemicals should I avoid while pregnant?
Cleaning and Pregnancy: Recommendations
- Glycol ethers. These are toxic substances found in household cleaning products like oven cleaners and have been associated with miscarriage, decreased male fertility, and birth defects. …
- Phthalates. …
- Avoid spray and aerosol cleaners when possible. …
- Avoid air fresheners.
What 5 hazards should you avoid when pregnant?
raw eggs or foods containing raw eggs, including mousse, tiramisu, raw cookie dough, eggnog, homemade ice cream, and Caesar dressing. raw or undercooked fish (sushi), shellfish, or meats. paté and meat spreads. processed meats like hot dogs and deli meats (these should be very well cooked before eating)
What chemicals can cause miscarriage?
Chemical Agents Associated With Miscarriage
- Heavy metals (industrial workers, dental assistants)
- Organic solvents (laboratory, industrial, and dry cleaning workers)
- Tetrachloroethylene (dry cleaning workers)
- Glycol ethers (semiconductor employees)
- 2-Bromopropane (electronics industry)
Is bleach safe during pregnancy?
Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them. Until your baby is born, you might want to consider having someone else takeover any house cleaning that requires toxic substances.
What is toxic to a fetus?
Studies have shown that virtually all pregnant women in the U.S. have measurable levels of several toxins in their bodies that pose real threats to the development of the fetus. These dangerous chemicals include phthalates, bisphenol-A (BPA) and flame retardants.
Is Pine Sol safe for pregnancy?
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pine Sol: Pine sol is an essential oil derived by the steam distillation of needles, twigs and cones from a variety of species of pine, especially Pinus sylvestris. Unfortunately, ladies, most products are safe to use for cleaning during pregnancy. YES.
What happens if you inhale chemicals while pregnant?
If you inhale (breathe in) solvents, you risk liver, kidney and brain damage and even death. During pregnancy, exposure to (coming in contact with) solvents, especially if you work with them, may cause problems for you and your baby, including: Miscarriage.
Is Dawn dish soap safe while pregnant?
Most dish soaps are perfectly harmless, and you shouldn’t have a problem using them while pregnant. A few, however, contain an antibacterial agent called triclosan, which has been found to disrupt the metabolization of estrogen, which is necessary to help the development of a fetus.
What drinks can cause miscarriage?
According to science, pregnant women must limit their caffeine intake to 200 milligrams, or less than that. Be it in the form of tea, coffee or chocolate, caffeine is a miscarriage causing food.
What physical things should you not do while pregnant?
Pregnant women should try to avoid exercise that involves:
- bouncing, leaping, and jumping.
- sudden changes in direction.
- jarring or jerky movements.
- abdominal exercises on the back, such as situps, after the first trimester.