What are 3 physical signs of distress?
Physical symptoms of stress include:
- Aches and pains.
- Chest pain or a feeling like your heart is racing.
- Exhaustion or trouble sleeping.
- Headaches, dizziness or shaking.
- High blood pressure.
- Muscle tension or jaw clenching.
- Stomach or digestive problems.
- Trouble having sex.
What are the signs and symptoms of distress?
Common warning signs of emotional distress include:
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little.
- Pulling away from people and things.
- Having low or no energy.
- Having unexplained aches and pains, such as constant stomachaches or headaches.
- Feeling helpless or hopeless.
What are 4 signs of distress in toddlers?
The following signs may suggest that your toddler is feeling stressed:
- Change in regular sleep and eating habits.
- Change in emotions (showing signs of being sad, clingy, withdrawn, or angry)
- Increase in crying or tantrums.
- Nightmares and fears at bedtime.
- Physical ailments, such as headaches or stomachaches.
What are 5 emotional signs of stress?
Some of the psychological and emotional signs that you’re stressed out include:
- Depression or anxiety.
- Anger, irritability, or restlessness.
- Feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated, or unfocused.
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
- Racing thoughts or constant worry.
- Problems with your memory or concentration.
- Making bad decisions.
What is stress for kids?
Stress is what you feel when you are worried or uncomfortable about something. This worry in your mind can make your body feel bad. You may feel angry, frustrated, scared, or afraid — which can give you a stomachache or a headache.
What is the difference between eustress and distress?
Distress is stress that negatively affects you and eustress is stress that has a positive effect on you. Eustress is what energizes us and motivates us to make a change.
What are some examples of distress?
Examples of distress
- Diagnosis of a life-threatening illness.
- The death of a loved one.
- The loss of a job.
- A serious injury.
- Filing for divorce and/or a separation.
- Being neglected or abused.
What can distress lead to?
High Levels of Distress
When the emotions of distress lead to psychiatric problems (mental illness), it is harder to change. People with heart problems who also have high levels of distress may have: attention deficit disorder. anxiety disorders such as panic attacks, worry and post traumatic syndromes.
What are the common causes of distress?
Causes of Distress
- Interpersonal relations problems such as conflicts, illness/death of a loved one, divorce, abuse, romantic partner, etc.
- Financial difficulties.
- Environmental adjustments.
- Academic difficulties.
- Time management and organization difficulties.
- Traumatic event.