How do you get rid of chest pain while pregnant?
A doctor or pharmacist may recommend taking an antacid for persistent heartburn during pregnancy. This type of medication neutralizes stomach acid, relieving the pain.
- avoiding spicy or greasy foods.
- eating smaller meals.
- remaining upright for longer after eating.
What can I take for a chest infection while pregnant?
Most treatments for viral pneumonia are considered safe to use during pregnancy, and catching pneumonia at an early stage means anti-viral medication will usually eliminate the illness. A doctor may also recommend respiratory therapy. If a person has bacterial pneumonia, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
How do I break up mucus in my chest while pregnant?
What You Can Do at Home
- Drink lots of fluids. Drink plenty of water and other fluids, but not things that can dehydrate you, such as coffee and alcohol.
- Humidify. Try a cool mist humidifier or hop into a steamy shower to keep your airways moisturized.
- Don’t smoke or vape anything. …
- Try a teaspoon of honey.
Can you take anything for a cough while pregnant?
Expectorants like Mucinex, cough suppressants like Robitussin, vapor rubs like Vicks VapoRub, and cough drops are all considered safe during pregnancy.
What causes chest burn in pregnancy?
Heartburn is common during pregnancy. Pregnancy hormones can make the valve at the entrance to the stomach relax so that it doesn’t close as it should. This lets acidic stomach contents move up into the esophagus, a condition known as gastroesophageal reflux (GER), or acid reflux.
Can you take Tums while pregnant?
When taken correctly, Tums is safe to use during pregnancy.
How do you treat an upper respiratory infection while pregnant?
You can take the following medications to help dry up the extra mucus that has built up in your lungs after your first trimester:
- chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton)
- loratadine (Claritin)
- pseudoephedrine (Sudafed)
- Tylenol Cold & Sinus.
What helps a severe cough while pregnant?
- To help eliminate secretions, drink plenty of water.
- Dextromethorphan syrup (e.g. Benylin DM) can be used to relieve a dry cough.
- Most cough drops (e.g. Halls) are safe in pregnancy.
- Consult your family doctor if: Your cough persists beyond seven (7) days. …
- Avoid preparations containing pseudoephedrine.
What causes severe cough during pregnancy?
Coughing during pregnancy is normal and can occur at any time because of the hormonal changes happening inside the woman’s body, which tend to make her a bit more sensitive to allergies, the flu or other problems that can cause this type of symptom.
How do I get rid of mucus in my throat while pregnant?
Use steam to help loosen the mucus. Gargle with warm salt water to soothe a sore throat, or suck on throat lozenges. Slow down and relax. Rest can strengthen your immune system and help you fight the infection.
How do you cough up Flem stuck in your throat?
Deep Coughing: Start by taking a deep breath. Hold the breath for 2-3 seconds. Use your stomach muscles to forcefully expel the air. Avoid a hacking cough or merely clearing the throat.