What happens when you turn 13 on Family Sharing iPhone?
However, your child’s account cannot be removed from your Family, unless their Apple ID is deleted, they turn 13 years of age (or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction) or you transfer them to another Family.
Can a 13 year old have their own Apple ID?
Children under 13 can’t create an Apple ID on their own. … You don’t need to create an Apple ID for them. Just use your child’s Game Center nickname when you add your child to your Family Sharing group.
Does age affect Apple ID?
As to the age restrictions to create an apple id, you need to enter a valid date above 13 years of age to create one, but no one is stopping you from lying about his age. As long as you are sure about what you are doing and are prepared to handle the Apple Id access it should not matter what age you enter.
What happens to family sharing when child turns 13?
What happens when my child turns 13 (or the applicable age in your country) … Before a child turns 13, parents will get an email letting them know their child will be eligible to take charge of their account on their birthday, so you can no longer manage their account.
How do I change the age on my child’s Apple ID?
On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You may need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Change Birthday or Birthday.
- Update your date of birth, then tap Done. If you want to change the date of birth for a child, find out what to do.
How do I leave family sharing under 13?
If there are children under 13* in the family group, the family organizer can’t disband the group until they move the child to another Family Sharing group.
Disband a family group
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Stop Using Family Sharing.
What happens to Apple ID when child turns 18?
Once Ask to Buy is activated for a family member, it stays on even after they turn 18, until it is manually turned off. Once Ask to Buy is turned off for a member over the age of 18, it cannot be turned back on. Does Ask to Buy still require my child to enter their Apple ID and password? Unfortunately, yes.
How do I leave Icloud family under 13?
If the child is already in your family
- Children under 13 can’t be removed from a family group. You can move them to another group or delete their account. …
- Does the child use Apple Card Family or Apple Cash Family? …
- If you set up an Apple Watch for the child, use the Watch app on your iPhone or iPad to remove the device.
Should my child have their own Apple ID?
Everyone should have their own Apple ID, so don’t share your Apple ID with your child. If your child uses your Apple ID, your child will have access to all your personal content, including text messages and photos. … If your child already has an Apple ID, they should keep using it.