What do you give a child with an upset stomach?
Serve Bland Foods
If your child still has an appetite despite the tummy ache, let him eat small amounts of plain foods, like toast, pasta, oatmeal, yogurt, rice, and applesauce. Avoid sauces, condiments, or seasonings.
What can I give my child for a stomach ache?
General suggestions on easing the pain include:
- Make sure your child gets plenty of rest.
- Help your child drink plenty of clear fluids such as cooled boiled water or juice.
- Do not push your child to eat if they feel unwell.
- If your child is hungry, offer bland food such as crackers, rice, bananas or toast.
Is Pepto Bismol safe for kids?
Regular Pepto-Bismol and Kaopectate, containing bismuth subsalicylate, are approved for kids 12 and older. Pepto-Bismol and Kaopectate contain aspirin-like ingredients and should not be used in children with chicken pox or flu-like symptoms because of the risk of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
How do you get rid of a stomach ache in 5 minutes?
Applying a heating pad, hot water bottle, hot towel, or heat wrap over the abdomen and back helps relax the muscles in the abdomen and relieve abdominal cramps and pain. The temperature should ideally be 104° Fahrenheit. Taking a hot bath with bubbles and essential oils or hot showers can also help.
What drink helps an upset stomach?
- Sports drinks.
- Clear, non-caffeinated sodas such as 7-Up, Sprite or ginger ale.
- Diluted juices such as apple, grape, cherry or cranberry (avoid citrus juices)
- Clear soup broth or bouillon.
- Decaffeinated tea.
How long does upset stomach last?
An upset stomach typically goes away on its own within 48 hours. Sometimes stomach pain indicates a more serious health problem, however. Know when to speak to a healthcare professional for stomach pain. Speak to a medical professional if your symptoms do not go away after a day or two.