What are the 4 parenting styles quizlet?
Four parenting styles include authoritarian, authoritative, permissive and neglectful.
When did baumrind parenting?
Although most early parenting researchers focused on identifying general parenting dimensions and their correlates, in the mid-1960s, Diana Baumrind2 identified three common styles of parenting behavior.
What are Baumrind’s four parenting styles?
Diana Baumrind, a clinical and developmental psychologist, coined the following parenting styles: authoritative, authoritarian, and permissive/indulgent, Later, Maccoby and Martin added the uninvolved/neglectful style.
What are the 4 main parenting responsibilities?
Your duties and rights as a parent
- to protect your child from harm.
- to provide your child with food, clothing and a place to live.
- to financially support your child.
- to provide safety, supervision and control.
- to provide medical care.
- to provide an education.
What are examples of parenting styles?
Some of the more widely recognized parenting styles are:
- free range.
What is the most successful parenting style?
Authoritative parents have been found to have the most effective parenting style in all sorts of ways: academic, social emotional, and behavioral. Like authoritarian parents, the authoritative parents expect a lot from their children, but also they expect even more from their own behavior.
For instance, parents are MORE likely to be identified as authoritarian if they strongly AGREE with statements like:
- When I ask my child to do something, and he asks why, I say something like “because I said so,” or “because I want you to do it.”
- I punish my child by withholding expressions of affection.