What can I give my child to stop vomiting?
For younger children, start with bland foods such as applesauce, mashed bananas, or infant cereal. Older children (over 1 year old) can be given crackers, toast, mixed grains, soups, mashed potatoes, or white bread. A normal diet can usually be continued about 24 hours after the vomiting has stopped.
What can you give a child for upset stomach and vomiting?
Small Sips for Diarrhea or Vomiting
Give your child a special solution like Pedialyte, clear soups, water, or juice mixed with water. Start with a few teaspoons every 5 minutes. When they can drink without throwing up, try giving larger amounts.
What medicine stops vomiting?
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications to stop vomiting (antiemetics) such as Pepto-Bismol and Kaopectate contain bismuth subsalicylate. They may help protect the stomach lining and reduce vomiting caused by food poisoning. Buy Pepto-Bismol on Amazon today.
Can I give Tylenol after vomiting?
If the medicine is vomited (thrown up) right after you give it, wait 20 minutes. Then give the same size dose one more time. If the vomiting continues, call your child’s doctor.
How can I settle my child’s upset stomach?
Encourage her to drink water or clear fluids. Withhold solid foods for a couple of hours, especially if she is throwing up. After a few hours, try to get her to eat a little bit of mild food that won’t upset her stomach, like crackers, dry toast, applesauce, or plain rice.
What helps soothe a stomach after throwing up?
What can be done to control or relieve nausea and vomiting?
- Drink clear or ice-cold drinks.
- Eat light, bland foods (such as saltine crackers or plain bread).
- Avoid fried, greasy, or sweet foods.
- Eat slowly and eat smaller, more frequent meals.
- Do not mix hot and cold foods.
- Drink beverages slowly.
What is the best medicine for nausea and vomiting?
For Nausea and Vomiting
- Bismuth subsalicylate, the active ingredient in OTC medications like Kaopectate® and Pepto-Bismol™, protects your stomach lining. Bismuth subsalicylate is also used to treat ulcers, upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Other medicines include cyclizine, dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine, and meclizine.
What medicine stops nausea fast?
Nausea medications are called antiemetics. When nausea is severe, you may need an OTC medication to help calm and soothe the stomach.
14. Take over-the-counter (OTC) medications
What is similar to Zofran over-the-counter?
Dramamine is available over-the-counter (OTC). Ondansetron and Dramamine belong to different drug classes. Ondansetron is a serotonin-3 (5-HT3) receptor antagonist, and Dramamine is an antihistamine. Side effects of ondansetron and Dramamine that are similar include drowsiness and constipation.