What diseases are harmful in pregnancy?
Infections in pregnancy that may affect your baby
- Chickenpox in pregnancy. …
- CMV in pregnancy. …
- Group B streptococcus in pregnancy. …
- Infections transmitted by animals. …
- Hepatitis B. …
- Herpes in pregnancy. …
- HIV in pregnancy. …
- Slapped cheek syndrome in pregnancy.
Which infections are common during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, some common infections that may occur are the flu, vaginal yeast infections, uterine infections, group B streptococcus, bacterial vaginosis, and listeria. Changes in immune function may cause this increased risk of infection, and if left untreated, may lead to serious complications.
What infections cause birth defects?
Toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus (CMV), varicella, rubella, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV) are among the agents that are recognized to have the potential to cause birth defects in a developing fetus.
Is sperm good for the baby during pregnancy?
Semen and sperm deposited in the vagina during penetrative vaginal sex will not harm the baby.
What are the danger signs of pregnancy?
DANGER SIGNS DURING PREGNANCY
- vaginal bleeding.
- severe headaches with blurred vision.
- fever and too weak to get out of bed.
- severe abdominal pain.
- fast or difficult breathing.
What vegetables should be avoided during pregnancy?
Raw or undercooked greens and sprouts
Greens and sprouts are generally great foods to add to the diet as they contain large amounts of fiber and nutrients. However, some greens or sprouts may contain bacteria, such as Salmonella or E. coli, which can cause infection.
What infections can cause miscarriage?
The following infections may also increase your risk:
- rubella (german measles)
- bacterial vaginosis.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.