What finger foods can I give my 6 month old?
Fruits & Vegetables
- Raw sticks of cucumber.
- Small, soft pieces of fruit, e.g. pear, apple, banana, peach, nectarine, mango, melon.
- Soft cooked sticks of vegetables, e.g. carrot, parsnip, green beans, turnip.
- Soft cooked baby sweet-corn, mange-tout or sugar-snap peas.
- Soft cooked florets of caulifl ower and broccoli.
What real food can a 6 month old eat?
- Well-cooked and pureed meat, poultry or beans.
- Ground, cooked, single-grain cereal or infant cereal with breast milk or formula.
- Cooked and pureed vegetables.
- Mashed banana or avocado.